Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

(For all of you non Broadway musical types the above is a reference to a song from the show Mame.)

Do we really need all of this?

I don't how many of you saw the Tony awards back in early June but one event struck me as particularly hilarious. Neil Patrick Harris (the host) was up on stage texting away furiously. There he was, just like so many other people I've seen on the street, subway cars, in elevators (etc., etc., and etc.) tip tapping away as if he was the only one in the room. Then, out of stage right comes David Hyde Pierce (another three name actor) who yanks the phone out of Neil's hands. He throws it on the floor and steps on it. To me this was quite the "statement" for all of us who find this sort of rude behavior .

There have been too many situations such as rehearsals, classrooms, and court rooms where people would be texting away. It's even more disturbing when these folks feel the need to "chat" away, chuckling as they do it. I mean, I'm not going to say that I'm not guilty of the same thing but there are some people who raised the whole business to an art.

Then there's this whole business of being able to watch television on your phones. To me this is totally unnecessary. We're in danger of being entertained to death. Einstein once said that when a country is totally overtaken by it's technology we're in danger of becoming a nation of idiots. I didn't know prophecy was one of his gifts.


May we never be found guilty of this...

One of my former office managers sent this to me and I really like it.

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible as we do our cell phones?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

Great buncha questons!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment